Select style & size:Select options
Increased protection and streamlined set-up.
The Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL Series Footprint offers greater protection from abrasive surfaces and damp ground. This protective footprint gives you the ability to fast-pitch your Copper Spur HV UL tent without the main tent body for a lighter, streamlined set-up in the backcountry. It's compatible with the both the Copper Spur HV UL Tent and Copper Spur HV UL mtnGLO tent. Please note, the footprint is a bit smaller than the tent floor to prevent the pooling of water during rainy weather.
- Add vital protection from abrasive surfaces and wet ground
- Allows for fast-pitching with just the poles, stakes, and fly
- Footprint is smaller than tent floor to prevent water from pooling
- Compatibility: Copper Spur HV UL & Copper Spur HV UL mtnGLO tents (1-4)
- Item #BAG00B7
- Q & A
does the job, should be thicker
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
does the job
BA Copper Spur HV Single
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
If the reality of the construction actually requires an extra sheet of material to protect the floor, what didn't they just make the floor thicker to begin with. I slightly thicker piece built in is probably lighter than adding a separate stand alone membrane. Cheaper to manufacture - and less frustrating to the buyer who has to buy this at nearly 20% of the cost of the total tent.
Meet the new Copper Spur
Big Agnes' new Copper Spur. Improving on something that was already great.
Works as described
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
If you have spent the money on a tent, you want a ground cloth. This does what it should. I think it is ridiculous that you have to spend that much money on a ground cloth. I can't think why you would spend that much money on a tent and not protect it, so just include it with the tent and bump the price a bit.
The footprint buckles are a different size on the footprint verses the rain fly. I have the copper spur UL3