Select your style & size:Select options
Ultralight shelter for life on the trail.
When you're on the trail for days or weeks at a time, you need a tent that is easy to carry across long distances and won't make you go stir crazy from claustrophobia. Big Agnes has you covered with its ultralight and spacious Copper Spur HV UL3 Tent.
Dual doors mean you won't be climbing over your trail partner in the middle of the night, and the steep walls increase space without adding bulk, so afternoons spent playing cards or reading while waiting out a storm will be comfortable, even if an extra hiker decides to join you. The ultralight mesh body makes it extremely breathable, so you don't have to smell your trekking partner after day nine without a shower, and it lets you stare up at the stars when there's no threat of rain.
- Full-featured backpacking tent with minimal weight
- All mesh body is ultralight and breathable
- PU-coated fly and floor protect against rain and damp ground
- Fast Fly option shaves weight for ultralight trips
- DAC Featherlite NFL pole system is light and sturdy
- Mesh interior pockets feature headphone cord routing
- Reflective guylines and webbing aid visibility
- Big Agnes finds inspiration in its Rocky Mountain surroundings
- Item #BAG00B5
- Q & A
Convenience & Capacity
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have the previous model Copper Spur UL 3 - it has similar wideness 178 cm from both ends - for three adult middle size men it's really tight - of course you can sleep there but there is no one free centimeter. Big Agnes concept tp sleep as head-to-leg is not working in mountains - try to find a flat and absolutely horizontal surface for the tent - this is almost impossible, and it means somebody's head will be lower the legs. In this new model they made the special shape, which gives even less space.
Also it's interesting to compare the zippers in field - in new model all of them look much better.
But generally - BA Copper Sput amazing tent, super light, tested in heavy rains and winds of Siberia