A favorite of daily commuters and bike messengers with its low-profile, street-savvy design, the Bern Allston Helmet with Flip Visor keeps you comfortably protected while battling urban gridlock and riding through stifling heat. Sculpted with 16 large vents, the Allston prevents overheating in the oppressive heat and humidity of summer. Going one step further for comfort, the performance liner wicks moisture for a cool-wearing feel.
Say goodbye to the bulky, egg-shaped designs of older helmets. Bern's Zipmold+ Technology gives the Allston a lighter, thinner, and low-profile fit, yet it yields a higher strength-to-weight ratio than traditional in-mold helmets. Adding more functionality, the Original Flip Visor acts as a customizable shield. Block oncoming rain and blinding sunshine with the visor lowered, or conversely, flip it up at busy intersections to maximize visibility.
- Street-savvy lid for urban commuters and bike messengers
- Zipmold+ construction yields high strength and low weight
- 16 large, sculpted vents rapidly disperse built-up heat
- Boa 360 system dials in a secure, micro-adjustable fit
- Flip Visor blocks harsh sunlight, allows full visibility
- Performance liner wicks moisture to keep your head cool
- Compatible with Bern's Asteroid and Meteoroid lights
- Item #BRN004S
- Shell Material
- PVC micro shell
- Impact Foam
- Zip Mold+ (liquid-injected foam)
- 16 large vents
- Fit Adjustment
- Boa 360 fit system
- yes, soft flip visor
- CPSC, EN 1078
- Claimed Weight
- 11.6 oz (330 g)
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
July 21, 2020
Can't take visor off
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 6"
- 140 lbs
If you don't want the visor and take it off you take out the whole padding. Also it's very tight.. really wanted to like this helmet. I think you're better off with the Libre in terms of air passage and lightness, and of course the fact it has no visor.
July 15, 2020
Love this helmet!
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 160 lbs
Bought this helmet and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, a tree jumped out at me and I was ejected like a fighter pilot in distress. I landed pretty hard on my dome on the trail and the helmet held up wonderfully. There is a small dent in the outer shell and that is it. Completely did it's job and kept me from the hospital or worse. Just ordered another one in a different color. Here's to hoping I don't end up needing another color in the near, or distant, future!