Select Style & Size
The Surfer Snowboard
Rail turns, slash the lip of wind-blown spines, finesse your way though chest-deep powder fields, and get the lift line talking with the Bataleon Surfer Snowboard. This Directional swallow tail is built to float in pow and ride any new snow you can find without sacrificing performance on groomers so that you can get back to the lift with style and ease.
The directional shape pairs exceptionally well with the deep swallow tail to do two things. The first is to provide a solid edge hold that is enhanced by the free flexing nature of the swallow tail which allows you to carve turns of varying diameters depending on how much energy you transfer to the edge. Second it drops your back foot in powder which brings the nose up, providing incredible float and quick pivoting maneuverability for dicey tree runs or for leaving a fun and inspiring line through the powder. A medium flex provides enough response for rapid turns while giving it a loose and surf-inspired ride for riding the white wave. As if it didn't have enough float, The Surfer is paired with Bataleon's Pow 3BT profile which drastically upturns the nose and tail for a spoon-like effect to deliver smooth and fluid turns in fresh snow. To reduce weight, a Light Core mixed with poplar and paulownia wood includes carbon stringers and hollow carbon tubes to offer a lively, snappy, and responsive ride. Triax glass adds strength and a consistent flex, while the Hyper Glide sintered base adds speed to make it through flat zones and reduces impacts from hidden snow sharks or tree stubs under the new snow.
- Powder surfer for lovers of deep snow and inspiring tracks
- Medium camber adds power, enhances edge control for ripping carves
- Pow 3BT uplifts the nose/tail dramatically for mind-blowing float
- Directional shape holds a solid edge and is stable at speed
- Swallow tail drops down in pow for enhanced control and float
- Light Core uses poplar and paulownia woods for lightweight strength
- Carbon rods add power to the flex and helps you hold a stable line
- Sintered base keeps you skipping through pow fields with ease
- Item #BAT006F
- 154cm, 159cm
- Medium camber, Pow 3BT + SideKick
- medium-soft (4 of 10 on Bataleon's scale)
- Effective Edge
- [154cm] 1247mm, [159cm] 1289mm
- Waist Width
- [154cm] 260mm, [159cm] 264mm
- Sidecut Radius
- [154cm] 7.7m, [159cm] 7.9m
- Stance Width
- [154cm] 19.3 - 24in, [159cm] 19.7 - 24.4in
- Stance Setback
- 4-hole (2 x 4)
- Light (50-50 paulownia, poplar), carbon stringers, Dual Radial Super Tubes
- Hyper Glide S (sintered)
- Base Color
- Recommended Use
- freeride/powder snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
January 5, 2021
Worth every friggin penny
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
- 165 lbs
I have two solid pow days on this bad boy and I absolutely love it. I sold my K2 Cool Bean 144 and replaced it with this. I'm 5'8" and 165lb and I went with the recommendation from a rep at Bataleon on sizing and am very happy with 154. I think 158 on this would have a little too much up front and would impact maneuverability. At 154 this thing RIPS. It floats through pow and sends beautiful streams up the side thanks to the big old spooned out front. When you get in the open it begs to lay huge sweeping turns with a great locked in feel. If I am honest, it isn't quite as surfy as the Cool Bean. It feels a little more forced to try to surf the earth on it, but regardless I am so stoked on the trade up. You cannot NOT have a great time on this board.
December 18, 2020
Question about sizing: on the size calculator on Bataleon's website, its recommending 154-159 based on my size (165lb, 5'8"). I am looking to replace my K2 Cool Bean 144 with this as my dedicated POW board. I love the surfy yet agile feel of the Cool Bean and it is meant to be ridden short and fat. This seems to be a bit narrower so I need to go longer. I ride 154-158 in twins. What size you think I should go with? I haven't received any response from Bataleon's website so I'm reaching out here.