Ready for anything.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- 0-degree sleeping bag suitable for cold weather camping
- High-loft synthetic fill is water-resistant
- Full-length zipper allows for easy ventilation on warm nights
- Snag-free tube blocks drafts and offers better insulation
- 3D hood construction keeps head and ears warm
- Top shingle construction maximizes loft
- Stuff sack included for convenient packing
- Item #BNG0027
- Q & A
I haven't put the sleeping bag to the test, but I opened it up and went inside and seems to be everything that I'm looking for. The one thing I wasn't stoked on is that I would like it to compact a bit smaller for a backpacker.
NOT 3 lbs!
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I was very skeptical about the weight, 3 lb for a synthetic 0 degree F bag? So I wrote to backcountry and they wrote back stating that yes, this bag does weigh in at 3 lbs. Went ahead and ordered the thing thinking that it was an 'undiscovered bargain', it being a backcountry bag. I mean, MH does make a 0 degree F bag that weighs in at 3 lb 4 oz so I thought this bag was really a 3 lb bag. When it arrived I took it to my scales and to my surprise it weighs in, with the stuff sack, 4 lb and 12 oz! The stuff sack weighs in at 4.75 oz, so the net weight of the bag is 4 lb 7.25 oz. It goes without saying that this bag is going back. I can't believe a serious outfit like backcountry would be so off when publishing spec, more so with their own house brand. I guess the old saying "If it is too good to be true...." still applies.
Warm sleeping bag for a great price
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I took this sleeping bag to the desert where the temperature dropped below 0. It kept me toasty warm. The feet felt a little restricted but overall a great bag for the cost!
Claimed Weight about 3 lbs? Could you guys please be more specific and re-check, this being backcountry's own line? I mean 3 lbs for a 0 degree F synthetic at this price is pretty much a steal. Thanks!