Get it while you can.
You live for ski days, but between work, home improvement projects, and life in general, they don't come as often as they used to. Take advantage of every opportunity to get out in the mountains with the Basin and Range Women's Limited Edition Empire 3L Shell Jacket. With a waterproof and breathable three-layer shell, this jacket won't disappoint, whether you find yourself knee deep in powder or cruising groomers on bluebird days. Fully sealed seams and a helmet-compatible hood up the ante in terms of weather protection, while a DWR finish helps keep moisture off the shell. An integrated powder skirt comes in handy on those coveted powder days, and the underarm vents help keep things comfortable when you find that rhythm.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- A ski jacket that stands out in performance and style
- 3-layer shell with fully taped seams is waterproof and breathable
- Brushed trictot lining adds light insulation and a soft feel
- Integrated powder skirt keeps snow and wind out
- Adjustable hem and cuffs with a helmet-compatible hood
- Regular fit leaves room for extra layers on cold ski days
- Limited Edition purple quartz print
- Item #BNG0034
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Large
It is a fitted cut - I tried on the small, medium, and large and ended up going with the large, but I like my stuff a bit bigger for layering and movement. The snow skirt is terrible - The skirt itself is fine in length but the hem, which is supposed to be tacky, rode up all day long. If I didn't have bibs on underneath I would have had so much snow in my pants. The vents in the armpits are unfortunately not lined with mesh so there is direct access to the inside of your jacket. Luckily the Utah snow is pretty dry so waterproofing hasn't been an issue yet. Pattern is fun and much more vibrant in person