- The real beef, potatoes, and veggies in a hearty brown gravy sauce satisfies your desire for hearty, savory flavors instead of standard bland camp food
- Just add 2.5cups (600mL) of boiling water to the opened pouch, stir, seal, and let it sit 13 minutes to cook
- Provides enough food for two backcountry travelers or one very hungry camper while only weighing 4.2oz (120g) and taking up minimal space in your pack
- Check tech specs for ingredients, allergens, and nutritional data
- Contains milk, soy, gluten, and wheat
- Item #BKP0016
- Q & A
A must have meal when backpacking, one of my favorites
When does the package expire or sell by date?.
Hey there Carl!
If you end up receiging a food product from us that is going to expire soon reach out to us so we can r replace it! Here is some information on Backpacker Pantry's Expriation/sell by date : )
2.) Where can I find the “Best By” date on your packages?
A “Best By” date is embossed on every pouch. Depending on the style of the pouch, the embossment will either be located along the top seam or along the bottom seam. If you’re having a hard time finding it, run your fingers along the edges of the pouch until you feel the embossment.
1.) What is the shelf-life of Backpacker’s Pantry?
Our pouches have a 7-year shelf life. In 2016, we updated our Granola's. These pouches have a 3-year shelf life.
Backpacker’s Pantry #10 Cans have a 25-year Shelf Life because of the way they are processed and packaged in the #10 Can. Two #10 can options have a 15 year shelf life. They are Fettuccini Alfredo w/ Chicken and Beef Stroganoff
They undergo a nitrogen flush, a vacuum seal, and each can includes an oxygen absorber. We also made recipe adjustments when necessary to ensure the ingredients in the can would stand up to 25-years – for instance, the #10 Can of Granola w/ Bananas and Milk has non-fat milk (instead of the whole milk we use in the pouch meal); the #10 Can meals have white rice instead of the brown rice that we use in some of our pouch meals.
We worked with a long-term food storage expert and a food scientist to come up with our #10 Can menu the 25-year shelf life. Our food underwent rigorous shelf-life testing in a food science lab as well.
Feel free to reach out to me directly for more information on our Backpacking food or you can hop on our live chat anytime!