Why We Built The Backcountry X USANS Girdwood GORE-TEX Insulated Jacket
As two groups who love winter-time outdoor recreation, it was a no-brainer for us to partner up with USA Nordic Sports to create the Backcountry X USANS Girdwood Gore-Tex Insulated Jacket. Ready for action all season long, this is the jacket we zip up when the resort's forecast is calling for snow to fall faster than we can shred it.
Engineered with the waterproof, breathable protection of Gore-Tex, this full-featured piece keeps wet, heavy snow out while still allowing sweaty moisture to escape as we perfect our pow slashes. We've quilted the interior with low-bulk insulation to keep us in our warm and happy place on frigid lift rides, and ventilation zips help us cool down after laying down high-speed groomer runs from top to bottom. Plus, we love the nods of approval that the iconic USA Nordic patch garners from fellow snow-lovers.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Top-tier ski jacket made for riding in cold, snowy conditions
- Gore-Tex membrane ensures waterproof, breathable performance
- Synthetic insulation provides reliable wet-weather warmth
- Mesh-lined vents help us cool off without getting snow inside
- Powder skirt and adjustable entry points keep out chilly weather
- Brushed tricot at chin, neck, and inside pockets add soft comfort
- Regular fit leaves room for additional layers on truly frigid days
- Patch denotes this is made in partnership with USA Nordic Sports
- Item #BCCZ2BP
- [membrane/laminate] GORE-TEX (2-layer), [face fabric] 100% nylon, DWR finish, [lining] 100% polyester
- [torso] 60g PrimaLoft Silver, [sleeves] 40g PrimaLoft Silver
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- fixed, adjustable
- [external] 2 zippered hand, 2 drop-in, 2 zippered chest, 1 zippered cuff, [internal] 1 zippered chest, 2 mesh stash
- underarm zips, lasercut stormflap
- Powder Skirt
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle skiing, park & freestyle snowboarding, telemark skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
March 10, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 5"
- 140 lbs
I bought this jacket for cross-country skiing. It's comfortable and warm. I love all the pockets. I get cold/hot/cold/hot easily. My base layers are fairly thin so I can add and remove them as necessary. If you plan on wearing really something bulky, like a wool sweater, you might want to go up one size. Bonus--it really does keep out the snow when you fall--which I often do.