Why We Built The Backcountry Chigu Sleeping Bag With Nemo
Early fall overnights with cedar-fresh air, week-long spring alpine excursions, and car-camping with the family—however we decide to use the Chigu Sleeping Bag, we know we'll be resting well. We've teamed up with NEMO, well-known for its luxurious campground experiences, to build the ideal shoulder season bag for all types of camping. The Chigu is wider than your average mummy bag, particularly at the waist and knees, giving side-sleepers like us the wiggle room we deserve, and because it's modeled after NEMO's Riff, its backpacking-forward design means it's still lightweight and packable enough for longer excursions.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Luxurious shoulder season comfort for campsite or thru-hiking
- Unique Spoon shape balances comfort and lightweight tailoring
- Synthetic insulation holds reliable loft even when wet
- Shell treated to shed light rain, leaking bladders, or dew
- Waterproof footbox fends off moisture from tent-wall contact
- Blanket Fold draft collar mimics the comfort of your real bed
- Thermo gills let you dump excess heat without letting in drafts
- Pillow pocket can be stuffed with clothing or a camping pillow
- Item #BCCZ22U
- [face fabric] polyester ripstop, DWR finish, [lining] nylon taffeta, DWR finish, [footbox] OSMO
- waterproof footbox
- ultralight Spoon (modified mummy)
- full-length, right side
- Max User Height
- [regular] 5ft 6in, [long] 6ft
- Shoulder Circumference
- [regular] 60in, [long] 62in
- Hip Circumference
- [regular] 53in, [long] 54in
- Foot Circumference
- [regular] 57in, [long] 59in
- Bag Length
- [regular] 74in, [long] 80in
- Draft Tube
- 1 external stash
- Thermo Gills
- Fill Weight
- [regular] 2lb 6oz, [long] 2lb 10oz
- Storage Sack
- Stuff Sack
- Stuff Size
- [regular] 13.5 x 9.5in, [long] 14.5 x 9.5in
- Claimed Weight
- [regular] 3lb 4oz, [long] 3lb 9oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, weekend camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 28, 2020
Terminal Manufacturing Defect
- I returned this product before using it
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 2"
- 123 lbs
I was very excited about this backpack and wanted to like it. My first impression is that the dimensions in the stuff sack seemed much larger than the 13.5X9.5 inches advertised. However I did not measure it so I can’t be sure. It did seem comfortable and very warm but I never got to try it out. I unzipped it-got in as soon as it arrived to see the fit and the zipper broke! Well maybe broke isn’t the correct word, the bag is manufactured in a way that if you unzip it all the way you cannot rehook the two parts of the zipper back together and the bag becomes a blanket. We tried tools, and had multiple people try thinking we were just missing something but it will never re-zip. Gear needs to be durable and reliable- not poorly manufactured with obvious defects. Very disappointed as this is an expensive bag, and I did not get what I paid for. Glad I found the defect before I went backpacking in 20 degree weather and froze. The gill-like parts you can unzip on the chest were very cool, and would be good for preventing overheating giving the bag more versatility for warmer weather. The fit was as advertised and the bag was very light. Maybe I had the only bag with this zipper issue-but for the price I am not willing to try again as the customer doesn’t get refunded shipping. I would try again if I knew the issue was fixed and I didn’t have to pay shipping if it didn’t work out.
August 23, 2020
comfy sleeping bag
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- 5` 3"
- 110 lbs
I got it for my daughter for our bwca canoeing 8-day trip and it worked as expected. The sleeping bag came with a good compression sack and a bigger bag for storage. I was not sure about the color, but have to admit that in person it looks much better. The temperature at night was in the 50th. I can not comment on how it feels on the 20th. I know no one complains it was too hot. it was fluffy and compressed well for synthetic.
August 24, 2020
Thanks so much for the review and for supporting our brand, Roman! I'm glad to hear your daughter likes her new bag!
February 10, 2021
Does this have the normal Nemo lifetime warranty? Wasn’t sure if it was considered Back Country brand or Nemo brand. Thanks!
October 12, 2020
Does this bag zip together with the male version (like the Forte) to convert to a double bag?
October 12, 2020
hey Tim, it was not made to zip that way, however, each zipper does completely zip open, so you may be able to zip them together.