Why We Built The Backcountry x Moment Meeny Ski
The Backcountry x Moment Women's Meeny Ski is the widest we've ever helped design. It's a hard-charging powder plank that provides effortless floatability on glorious powder days, and still feels surprisingly nimble when the snow becomes more variable. Moment's Mustache Rocker combines a powder-friendly tip & tail rocker with a sharp camber to employ a sharp effective edge for a tighter turn radius than most powder skis. Thanks to the Mustache Rocker, the Meeny Ski can ride a whole lot easier when there's more ice in the chute than you anticipated.
The Meeny resembles Moment's Bella Ski in terms of profile and width, but we here at Backcountry tweaked the core's construction with bamboo instead of aspen and pine to give it a livelier, more consistent flex. Triaxial stringers composed of carbon and fiberglass increase the ski's stiffness, and ABS sidewalls ensure the same torsional rigidity that you'd expect out of a resort ski. Add a Durasurf base and Euro Edges composed of hardened steel, and you're sure-footed for a smooth-sailing adventure up and down many mountains for seasons to come.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Collaborative ski by Backcountry and Moment for freeride touring
- 108mm waist is wide for powder yet nimble enough for variable snow
- Moment's Mustache Rocker gives remarkable floatability in deep snow
- Light bamboo core built with stiff, triaxial carbon stringers
- ABS sidewalls enhance stiffness, dampening, and overall durability
- Durasurf base and Euro Edges ensure smooth sliding across any type of snow
- Item #BCCZ29G
- 152cm, 162cm, 172cm
- [152cm] 132 / 106 / 125mm, [162, 172cm] 134 / 108 / 131mm
- Turn Radius
- [152cm] 15m, [162cm] 17m, [172cm] 19m
- rocker / camber / rocker
- aspen, pine
- triaxial carbon, triaxial fiberglass
- Euro Edge (2.2mm, Rockwell 48 hardened steel)
- 4001 Durasurf
- Claimed Weight
- [152cm] 7lb 4oz [162cm] 7lb 8oz [172cm] 8lb 5oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry touring, powder skiing
What do you think about this product?
February 15, 2021
Stoke Level: HIGH
- I've used it several times
I reached out to my Gearhead looking for skis that I could ski both in the resort and backcountry skiing and she recommended the Backcountry Meeny skis because she loves riding them all over the Wasatch. I love how they can surf the pow like champs and are stable enough to hit bumps and chunks of snow without batting an eye. This season has been lower in snowpack, so having a durable ski that I can confidently ride and now worry about tearing up my skis is paramount. They are so fun to ride on anything from ripping the groomers to deep pow to tight trees and chunky bumps. 10/10 recommend!! PLus, TBH they look really good with my kit.
February 11, 2021
- I've used it several times
These skis RIP! If you're looking for a go-anywhere do-anything ski, these are right up your alley. The 106 waist and mustache rocker are perfect for floating the pow but can also blast through any chop, rip groomers, and make tight tree turns. I also love that these skis are versatile enough to tour, ride the resort, and sidecountry. Moment's Durasurf base and carbon triaxial topsheet make these skis bombproof and some of the most durable skis you can find. These also pair perfect with the Shift bindings if you want a quiver killer! If you have any questions about these skis, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org