Why We Built The Mad Creek Shell
When you're checking off big rides or pedaling deep into the wilderness, be prepared for it all with our Mad Creek Shell. We built this technical layer to let you pursue your favorite trails even when the forecast's looking iffy. We designed the shell with breathable construction that perfectly balances performance with wind and water-resistance. One of our favorite features is the zippered hand pocket, which converts into a stuff sack when you want to store the jacket in a pack.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Technical shell suited for trail riding and alpine adventures
- Pertex Quantum Air materials prioritize air permeability for ventilation
- Active fit accommodates under layers and supplies enhanced mobility
- Snap-down hood stays in place for clear vision on rugged descents
- Ripstop outer with DWR finish is both windproof and water-resistant
- Silicone-lined backing and adjustable hem keep this jacket in place
- Elasticated hood is helmet-compatible for protection from storms
- Item #BCCZ291
- [face fabric] Pertex Quantum Air, 100% nylon (52% recycled), [finish] DWR
- Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
- Center Back Length
- laser cut underarm
- 1 zippered hand (stowable)
- fixed, snap-down, elasticated
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 5oz
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, downhill, enduro, gravel, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
March 10, 2021
- I've used it several times
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 4"
- 130 lbs
I am a Backcountry employee that works on the brand team and have some feedback to share. I am so excited every time I reach for my bike so I can wear my Madcreek, or is it the other way around? Either way, this jacket is worth a second look. The Pertex Quantum Air is ultra-light and adds just the right amount of protection/ warmth to your early morning/ spring rides. It is treated with DWR so will repel light sprinkles, the moisture-wicking fabrics will also keep the rider nice and dry. It has a snap on the hood which is so cool! It keeps your hood in place while biking. If you purchase your true to size the jacket will fit next to skin. If you are looking for it to fit like a wind shell size up from your true size.