Why We Built The Mad Creek Anorak
Speed-hiking, casual treks, multi-day missions in the high country—we built this anorak to perfectly balance breathable construction with weather protection for all your trail explorations. We also integrated vents in the hood gaiter, underarms, and back panel to allow you to push your pace while staying dry during inclement weather.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Wind shell suited for trail running and hiking in mixed conditions
- Pertex Quantum Air materials prioritize air permeability for ventilation
- Active fit accommodates under layers and supplies enhanced mobility
- Snap-down hood stays in place for clear vision on rugged descents
- Ripstop outer with DWR finish is both windproof and water-resistant
- Dual zippered pockets stash your essentials in motion-friendly places
- Hood and underarm vents are ideal for high-output activities
- Item #BCCZ295
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] Pertex Quantum Air, 100% nylon (52% recycled), [finish] DWR
- [medium] hip
- Center Back Length
- fixed, elastic, snap-down
- 1 zippered kangaroo, 1 zippered rear stowable
- laser-cut hood, laser-cut underarm, rear cape
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 6oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, hiking, trail running
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
August 16, 2021
Way to Small
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 6` 2"
- 195 lbs
"model is 6'2" wearing a size M" my butt! I am 6'2" ordered a large because I was skeptical about the length and even in a large it still looks like I am wearing a tube top and it requires constant adjustment to stay down. Any walking, bending, turning or even moving my arms slightly and this thing immediately bunches up leaving my mid section completely uncovered. Also, once it is on it fits okay around the shoulders, however it is very difficult to get on as the material doesn't actually stretch much and it often feels like it's going to be a "big man in a little coat" type situation. The chest zipper being off center makes this jacket really horrible. It doesn't breathe well, trapping a lot of heat which is barrable with the zipper down, however with the zipper down the hood and shoulders don't sit right because there is way more material on one side of the jacket than the other making it feel like there is a constant slight weight or pulling sensation coming from one side. Huge disappointment, it doesn't surprise me that these things are 50% off, however even with that said I would say these are ridiculously overpriced given how poorly they are designed.
August 25, 2021
Hey Dave Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully we can take these factors into consideration on future versions of this product. Sorry this jacket did not work out for you. We can always take back items for return even if it is used for 30 days.