Why We Built The Backcountry Hybrid Grid Fleece Pullover
In the backcountry, fun and safety are our top priorities, but comfort is a close competitor, so we created the Hybrid Grid Fleece Pullover for best-of-both-worlds-style thermal management. This techy midlayer uses two fleece types: a cozy polar fleece that traps heat at the core in chilly conditions and a grid fleece that wicks moisture and allows airflow on our most intense hikes. We recently updated this design with action-ready fit improvements and a new vertical half-zip that improve our performance by enhancing comfort and mobility on the mountain.
- Hybrid fleece midlayer blends warmth and airflow for winter pursuits
- Midweight hard fleece locks in heat where it's needed most
- Grid fleece offers breathability in high-heat zones
- Stretch fabric and improved fit conducive to strenuous activity
- Updated design with straight ventilating zipper construction
- Fixed hood provides additional coverage in ice-cold conditions
- Thumbhole cuffs secure sleeves for intuitive layering
- Chest pocket stashes small essentials within easy reach
- Item #BCCZ2T2
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] bluesign® APPROVED
- [face fabric] 92% polyester, 8% spandex, [grid fleece] 94% polyester, 6% spandex
- Fleece Weight
- midweight (220gsm / 174gsm)
- Center Back Length
- 1 zippered chest
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
3 based on 3 ratings
Fits LargeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 24, 2023
Nice pullover, absurdly long sleeves
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 5' 11"
The quality of this garment is great. The color, sewing/seams, and look are all great. However, the sleeves are just impossibly long. Easily 3" longer than they ought to be and that unfortunately makes the fit through the arms not very comfortable. The shoulders, chest and length feel appropriate for a men's medium, it's just the sleeves that are way off. Shorten up the sleeves and this is a 5-star item.
January 19, 2023
My only Mid-Layer
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 6' 1"
Absolutely love this! Paired with a merino base layer and Gore shell creates the perfect layering combo for every ski environment. The hood shape is perfect for going under a helmet and stays in place very well while on the skin track. The sleeve length with thumb hole is awesome. Works great on the uphill and helps layer under a shell.
January 12, 2023
Sleeves way to long
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- 6' 3"
don't buy unless you have abnormally large arms.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help