Why We Built The Hero Dirt Hoodie
A little snow or cold doesn't keep us away from the singletrack, especially with layers like our Hero Dirt Hoodie. We built this to be your layer of choice for staying warm and dry on shoulder season trail rides. This synthetic pullover is lightweight enough for a full day of pedaling, while supplying the perfect level of warmth and weather protection with a water-resistant finish.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Mountain biking hoodie protects you on shoulder season rides
- Breathable, fast-drying synthetic fabrics provide lasting comfort
- Dual-layered knit body is abrasion-resistant for rugged use
- Reflective details keep you seen if you ride home from the trailhead at dusk
- Zippered shoulder vents quickly release heat as you gain the summit
- Dual jersey pockets stash bottles and snacks, rear zip pocket for essentials
- Drawcord-adjustable hood is helmet-compatible to seal out the wind
- Item #BCCZ28B
- 69% nylon, 17% polyester, 14% spandex, DWR finish
- Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
- Center Back Length
- zippered shoulder-seam
- 1 kangaroo, 1 zippered rear, 2 rear
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 14oz
- Recommended Use
- downhill, enduro, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
May 11, 2021
Collar Zip Misses the Mark
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 1"
- 200 lbs
This hoodie is a slim fit. I like it quite a bit, it doesn't flap in the breeze but isn't skin tight. The sleeves could be slightly longer but I've got long arms so that's usually the case. Torso length is perfect. The material feels decent and is a good weight for spring/fall riding. It's not thermal but cuts the chill quite nicely and the hood is a nice addition for standing around at the trailhead. It takes a few rides before it starts smelling bad which isn't the worst but I think could be improved with better materials or treatments. The hand pocket and rear pockets are well configured so it's easy to stash snacks or gloves while on the move and the shoulder vents help a bit. I have 2 complaints. First, the rear zippered phone pocket doesn't block sweat, so put your phone in a baggie. The bigger issue is the collar configuration. I have no idea why the side collar would be necessary but it doesn't open up to vent. For me that neck ventilation is absolutely necessary as soon as I start working hard on a climb. There's a mesh panel behind the zip to hold the collar's shape, I'm considering cutting that out but I have the feeling that will just make the collar flop around annoyingly. If that was fixed I'd wear this on every ride.
April 28, 2021
Cool hoodie that JUST misses the mark
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 170 lbs
This is a nice hoodie that has some fun, technical features like the chest vents and the back pockets. For shorter rides where I don't wear my hydration backpack or for laps at the bike park, this would be a solid performer. The hoodie fits very tight across the chest (I'm not a huge guy) and it would be difficult to layer - sizing up would not be an option as it would be too big. Overall, cool hoodie but for the price decided to look elsewhere.