Dead Tree Zip-Off Insulated Knickers
Mid-layers are a necessity for backcountry skiing, but Backcountry Gearheads wanted to up the game a notch by designing a mid-layer to provide extra warmth on the coldest tours of the season. Part of Backcountry's touring collection, the Women's Dead Tree Zip-Off Knickers offer lightweight synthetic insulation wrapped in a water-resistant face fabric that's breathable enough to layer for frigid ascents and designed in conjunction with the Backcountry x Flylow Patsey Marley Bib Pants.
Top-to-bottom zippers mean the knickers can be easily removed if things get too toasty, or quickly thrown on if a mild tour turns unexpectedly cold at the summit. All the zipper pulls are glove-friendly to keep transitions fast, and an adjustable shock-cord waist ensures the knickers stay securely in place underneath our shells.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Insulated knickers to keep legs toasty on frigid summits
- Synthetic insulation traps body heat for reliable warmth
- Top-to-bottom size zippers make on and off easy
- Zipper pulls are glove-friendly for fumble-free transitions
- Water-resistant fabric prevents moisture from soaking baselayer
- Shock-cord waist and stretch fabric ensure fit and ease of motion
- Gearhead Certified Product
- Item #BCC00C0
- [face fabric] 40d nylon ripstop, DWR treatment, [abrasion panels] 50% nylon, 41% polyester, 9% spandex
- 60gm 3DFX stretch
- 1 zippered stow
- Side Zips
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
November 9, 2020
Does the Pirate Black pant run larger than the black sizes? One of the reviews indicated she experienced this. Is this consistent will all the pants in this color? I have already purchased the xs in black, and they fit well. Will the XS in Pirate Black be too large?
November 11, 2020
Hey Megan, the two colors will be similar in size. they are manufactured using the same design. The new year model that does not have drawcords will fit slightly larger, we refined the fit due to customer and employee feedback. The size differences should not lead you to change from a sx though!