Select style & size:Select options
Backcountry x Metolius Party Pit Crash Pad
The Party Pit is a local's secret bouldering area tucked away in Backcountry's backyard, and the Backcountry x Metolius Party Pit Crash Pad is perfect for projecting all the problems in the pit. Not only a place for climbing, the Party Pit is also an excellent place to hang out and meet the local crowds, who are as friendly as they are strong. There are easy highballs, hard caves, and one particularly terrifying problem called Ring Toss. Plus, there really isn't a more beautiful bouldering area in the Wasatch Mountains to enjoy sunsets while projecting and partying.
The approach to the Party Pit is challenging to say the least, since you have to cross a river via a fallen tree. It's no easy task considering you have the Backcountry x Metolius Party Pit Crash Pad on your back, but at least the shoulder straps and waist belt stay secure so you feel balanced as you walk across the river. When you reach the pit, the unique flap closure system covers the shoulder straps for protection from abrasion as you drag the pad across the rocky ground, and it even has carpeted corners so you can clean your shoes before attempting to scale the tiny footholds.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Backcountry and Metolius collaborated to create this crash pad
- Burly 900D outer fabric protects the pad from abrasion
- Combination of high and low compression foam for cushioned falls
- Flap closure reverses to cover shoulder straps when open
- Padded shoulder straps for easy, comfortable backpack carry
- Waist belt included to aid in transportation
- Drag handles make for easy repositioning of open pad
- Shoe-cleaning carpet on corners of the pad for wiping before climbing
- Item #BCC00EN
- Q & A
Where is the party pit?