Pumped For Fall
Why We Built The Climbing Skin With G3
Since Backcountry Gearheads get most of our skiing done in the backcountry before dawn (and before we need to be in the office), it only makes sense that they collaborated with G3 to create the Backcountry x G3 Alpinist Climbing Skins for effortless glide, solid traction, and an insanely secure attachment system—all with a topographic goat print that tags along for the ride. These skins feature self-aligning stainless steel tip connectors and a self-camming tail clip to make getting your skins on and keeping them there a quick process.
We utilized the glue found on G3’s Alpinist model that grips no matter the temperature, so you won't have to worry about sliding down the skintrack during freezing-cold dawn patrols, and also gave them a removable rip strip that makes it easier than ever to pull them apart. For improved glide and less grip, select a width that matches the narrowest point of your ski; for wall-to-wall coverage and improved grip, select a width that is slightly narrower than the widest point of your ski and trim the skin to match the shape of your ski.
- G3 x Backcountry collab for fast-gliding, goat-adorned skins
- Self-aligning tip and camming tail clips assure easy attachment
- Sticky, non-toxic, and solvent-free glue stays grippy over time
- Center Rip Strip helps you pull the skins apart easier
- Included tool allows skins to be trimmed to fit ski dimensions
- Skin savers are not included
- We design Gearhead Certified Products to meet our needs in the backcountry
- Item #BCC00AO
4 based on 55 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.