Select style & size:Select options
Never venture into the backcountry without a probe and goat.
The third piece of the essential avalanche kit, a probe is as vital as boots and skis every time you head into the backcountry. Backcountry has teamed up with the avalanche safety gurus at G3 to offer the goat-friendly 240 Probe, which uses a single-pull deployment system and dependable 7001 aluminum shaft to ensure quick assembly and reliable strength, with a small goat design to separate your probe from the rest of the herd. It's marked every 5mm for easy pit measurements, and it has a pointed cone tip for easy probing in rock-solid avalanche debris.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Probe collaborated by G3 and Backcountry for alpine touring
- 240 is the shorter length avaialble
- Single-pull deployment is quick, easy, and glove-friendly
- 5mm increment markers assist with snow research
- Gearhead Certified Products are tests, used, and enjoyed by our own employees
- Item #BCC00AL
- Q & A
collapsed length is really long
I'd never met a probe that didn't fit my pack. Well, here it is. Make sure you have something that can fit a long pole. I finally stowed it this week and discovered it doesn't fit. Too late to return.
Decent Avy Probe
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Easy to setup/lock, but sometimes if using in sticky/compacted snow when trying to withdraw the probe from the snow it can come disassembled. Good for the price!