Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Float 27 Speed Airbag Backpack
The Backcountry Access Float 27 Speed Airbag Backpack is one of the lightest airbag packs for those who value safety but still appreciates a light setup. Not only is BCA's Float 2.0 airbag 15% lighter than the previous model, but it's also 30% smaller so you can fit more gear in the pack. The separate internal compartment perfectly accommodates your shovel and probe so you can easily and quickly access them in an emergency, and external attachments for skis, an ice axe, and other tools leave enough space in the body of the pack for layers, first aid kits, water, food— whatever you need for a safe and successful day in the backcountry.
- Ski touring backpack with lightweight Float 2.0 avalanche airbag
- 27-liter capacity suitable for long days in the backcountry
- Float 2.0 airbag system is lighter and smaller than previous model
- Trigger mounts on left or right shoulder for anatomic convenience
- Attachments for skis, ice axe, tools, and mountaineering gear
- Internal avalanche safety gear compartment for easy access in an emergency
- Item #BCA001U
- Q & A
Best Lightweight Airbag Backpack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
It's light, it's trim, and it rides well while skiing. This pack is a great size for a day of skiing, but it will get a little tight with glacier gear unless you are diligent about keeping the kit light (Petzl RAD line, etc). Still, it will work and you will be psyched that the pack is light, your kit it svelte, and you will still be able to ski as hard as your powder hungry desires demand. If you are looking for more of a full featured backpack (especially for snow pros or others who need easy access to their snow tools and a little more space) I would recommend looking at the BCA Float 32. If you want a pack that rides closer to your back, skis as hard as you and barely notice it's there - this is the one.
Great size and lightweight pack
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Perfect size for day missions in the backcountry and even lighter with the new 2.0 airbag system. Great fit that holds everything you need for a day out. Easy to have both sized bags and swap canisters back and forth.