Why We Built The Marais Rain Jacket
When we travel, we often travel light—so we designed a Marais Rain Jacket that helps us stick to our ideals, with reliable weather protection that won't take up tons of space in our pack. Fully waterproof with a longer-than-average cut, this stowable rain shell keeps us dry when the forecast betrays us, and offers clean style when we're in the city.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- A lightweight rain jacket for travel or casual trails
- Waterproof, breathable membrane keeps you dry and comfortable
- Packable material stows easily in your pack between spring showers
- Adjustable hood and hem keep out chilly weather
- Storm flap over zipper prevents moisture from creeping in
- Collar stands independent of the hood for extra protection
- Secure pockets defend small valuable from stormy weather
- Standard fit leaves room for layers if temperatures are low
- Item #BCCZ222
- [membrane/laminate] PU (2.5-layer), [face fabric] 100% nylon, DWR finish
- fully sealed
- fixed, adjustable
- 2 zippered hand
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 27, 2021
Amazing rain jacket good quality
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
I love this jacket my only complaint is the lack of vents, however amazing rain jacket light weight.
February 2, 2021
Jacket fits too snugly (1XX) for 5’9” male@189lbs; no wiggle room! Do you carry 2X sizes? I ordered a drain rain jacket for my brother & 1XX was really to snug!
September 8, 2021
How good is it at insulating heat?
September 8, 2021
Hey Zane, This is a shell rain jacket so it doesn't have any added insulation. It likely traps some of your body's heat but I wouldn't rely on it as an insulation piece. It's purpose is to keep you dry in the rain.
April 21, 2020
Does it have armpit vents?
April 22, 2020
Hey Nathan! The Marais Jacket was designed to be more of a casual wear rain jacket. It took a city sleek silhouette and does not have armpit vents. We do make a rain jacket that does feature armpit zips. It is the Uinta 3L jacket. Here is the link https://www.backcountry.com/backcountry-uinta-3l-packable-rain-jacket-mens?s=a