Backland 95 Alpine Touring Ski
The creation of lightweight skis that are manageable on the skintrack and are a blast on the descent also play a role in the growth of backcountry skiers, and Atomic's Backland 95 Ski is a perfect example of such a stick. This ski weighs in just under seven pounds per pair to assure a light tour up steep hills filled with untracked goodness.
A 95-millimeter waist width makes the Backland an excellent quiver-of-one ski that plays equally well in powder and hardpack. The ski's All Mountain Rocker includes an early rise tip to increase float in powder and ease turn initiation, while camber underfoot ensures solid edge hold in crud and downright icy conditions. As a bonus, Atomic's HRZN Tech tip adds more surface area to the tip for increased flotation in softer snow, and an enhanced ability to plow through crud, all without adding to the ski's overall weight. To keep the ski ultralight, Atomic made the core out of lightweight caruba wood, but there's a touch of poppy poplar to give the ski a playful feel. There's also a carbon backbone to add exceptional agility and edge hold without much added weight.
- A versatile touring ski for backcountry missions
- 95mm waist can handle a variety of terrain
- All Mountain Rocker floats through soft snow
- Camber underfoot lets you carve in firm conditions
- HRZN Tech tip increases flotation without adding weight
- Poplar and caruba wood core is light and playful
- Carbon Backbone adds strength without the weight
- Sidewall underfoot holds a solid edge grip
- Item #ATO00EI
What do you think about this product?