Our Ski & Ride Guide—
Select a size:
Why We Like The Backland 85 Alpine Touring Ski
If you’re looking to cover some serious ground under your own power this winter, look no further than the Backland 85 Touring Ski for all of your ski mountaineering needs. The ski’s shape is specifically designed for uphill travel, to usher you across long aprons, exposed ridges, and seemingly endless traverses. We reach for the Backland when efficiency is key, and the notched ski tip paired with Atomic’s precut skins (sold separately) allow for incredibly easy transitions, time and time again. The Backland series is influenced by Atomic’s presence in the freeride realm, which is where this version gets it’s Carbon Backbone laminate that provides stiff descending support for techy couloirs all in a featherweight package. Atomic is known for innovating more intuitive ways to access peaks that once seemed out of reach, and the Backland 85 embodies this mindset to the fullest extent.
- Lightweight touring ski is suited for extended alpine excursions
- 85mm waist zips up long approaches with strong descending support
- Tip rocker allows the ski to rise above soft and variable snow conditions
- Camber underfoot and flat tail hold an edge in heinous icy chutes
- Poplar and caruba hybrid core is exceptionally lightweight for climbing
- Full-length carbon laminate offers torsional rigidity for reliable turning
- Cap construction and steel edges supply durability for seasons to come
- Item #ATOK1AT
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.