Backland 85 Alpine Touring Ski + Hybrid Skin 85
Whether you're heading out for a multi-day mission or a quick dawn patrol before work, the Atomic Women's Backland 85 Alpine Touring Ski + Hybrid Skin 85 combo lets you trade ounces for vertical feet—but not at the expense of performance. Weighing in at just over four pounds per pair in a 158-centimeter length, these certainly won't hold you back on the skintrack, with a narrow-yet-nimble 85-millimeter waist to get you back down. A rockered tip combined with Atomic's HRZN Tech Tip, which provides more surface area without adding weight, makes this ski feel floaty in powder and confident though more variable snow, while a generous amount of underfoot camber not only delivers a reliable edge grip on firm snow, but adds more skin-to-snow contact for improved efficiency on slick skintracks.
Though the Backland 85 is built around a ultralight wood core, Atomic included full-length carbon stringers to make the ski more powerful and stable while still keeping the weight to a minimum. When it's time to head back up for another lap, slap on the pre-cut Hybrid Skin 85 and charge up the skinner you already set before dawn.
- Touring ski and skin combination for crushing long missions
- 85mm waist won't hold you back on the skintrack or the descent
- Rockered tip tracks through chop and softer snow
- HRZN Tech Tip adds more surface area for better float without weight
- Generous camber underfoot for efficient climbing and edge hold
- Full-length carbon stringers improve edge hold without excess weight
- Lightweight wood core is stable and smooth on the descent
- Hybrid Skin 85 is pre-cut for ease of use
- Item #ATO00EH
What do you think about this product?