Backland 102 Alpine Touring Ski
As the widest women-specific ski in Atomic's backcountry-specific Backland lineup, the Backland 102 Alpine Touring Ski can float you through the fresh turns you find far from the trailhead, but handles well on firmer snow you may find, too. Weighing in at just over six pounds per pair in a 172-centimeter length, this ski will crush long approaches and still leave you with enough juice in your legs to slay your line. The rockered tip and tail provide a floaty feeling in powder, while underfoot camber adds the ability to perform on hardpack, just in case you want to rip a few resort laps after a quick morning tour.
Atomic built the Backland 102 around an ultralight wood core that keeps it friendly on the skintrack and gives it a damp, stable feel on the descent. A full-length carbon insert runs from tip to tail, improving power transfer from edge to edge without compromising the ski's weight, meaning you can tear up your line with confidence and immediately slap your skins back on to head up for another lap.
- Lightweight touring ski for backcountry missions
- Versatile 102mm wait can handle powder and hardpack
- Rockered tip and tail float through softer snow with ease
- Underfoot camber reliably grips firmer snow
- Full-length carbon insert adds stiffness and edge hold without weight
- Item #ATO00BU