Astute Italia Moon Pilagra Luxury VT Saddle - Men's
Select style & size:Select options
Moon Pilagra Luxury VT Saddle
Astute Italia might not be the first brand that comes to mind when shopping for a new saddle and it's true that the firm doesn't have quite the history of some other brands, however, it does take its handmade in Italy stance quite seriously and its proven itself on the WorldTour stage under the riders of Dimension Data. As one of its flagship saddles in its line, the Moon Pilagra Luxury VT Saddle utilizes its self-supporting twin carbon shell to drop weight and reduce road vibrations so you'll experience less fatigue and more comfort as you dish out the watts during training rides and races. To help further mute road noise, the saddle features its innovative Spas System Technology which involves placing 2 pads between the carbon rails and the shell helping to soak up chatter.
The saddle's padding is provided from its supportive memory foam that's firmer at the rear providing an ideal foundation for the sit bones while being slightly softer in the perineal area for long ride comfort. This progressive memory foam is covered with a premium, lightweight Italian microfiber that's easy to keep clean and is soft to the touch while remaining supremely durable and weather resistant.
As part of the Star line, it has a rounded shape that deviates from the flatter Sky line of saddles available from Astute Italia. Additionally, the VT moniker or verta, meaning open in Venetian, denotes that this saddle has a center channel cut-out designed to relieve pressure in the pelvic area. And just like all of Astute Italia's saddles, it's handmade in Italy with the finest materials and exceptional detail that only comes from a company that focuses on premium saddles.
- Astute Italia's road saddle with a smooth ride focus
- Weighs in at a feathery 180g for lightweight builds and racing
- Twin carbon shell reduces fatiguing vibration on the ride
- Shock-absorbing pads inserted between twin carbon shells
- A rounded shape with a large center cut-out for pressure relief
- Progressive memory foam is firm at the rear, softer in the middle
- Full carbon rails optimize its strength-to-weight
- Handmade in Italy with exceptional fit and finish
- Item #ASU000L