TR1 Merge Water Shoe
When hiking through a slot canyon, there is a high chance you are going to have to stem across an unexpected water barrier. There is also a high chance that you may fall in or you have no option but to walk through the water or turn around—with the TR1 Merge Water Shoe by Astral, you can confidently walk through the water and not look back. Designed to support you on hikes with the possibility of getting wet, the TR1 Merge is an ideal slot canyoning shoe. Quick-drying canvas, and ventilated mesh make this shoe water-friendly, while a cushioned EVA midsole and rugged Top Shank are designed to support you on long hikes. The technical sole is designed with aggressive lugs and defined flex grooves, and is made with extra-soft rubber, to enhance the shoes ability to conform to varied surfaces while stemming and chimneying through tight slots. And in the event that you fall into the water, you can remove the Polygiene treated insoles to keep your shoes smelling fresh.
- A water-friendly hiking boot you can make a splash with
- Quick-drying canvas and breathable mesh intended to get wet
- Extra durability at toe and heel ensures foot protection
- EVA midsole with shank enhances support and stability while hiking
- Odor-controlling insole keeps you fresh after exposure to water
- Technical sole with with aggressive lugs gives you excellent grip
- Item #ASL001Z
- Upper Material
- [body] quick-dry canvas, [tongue] padded mesh, [toe, heel cap] TPU overlays
- EVA, Top Shank
- G.15 rubber
- Claimed Weight
- [size 7] 10.5oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, flatwater paddling, hiking, river paddling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 1 year
What do you think about this product?
February 13, 2019
Astral TR1 Merge
A great mid-high trail shoe from Astral. Check out the features! Leta Astral Rep
August 20, 2018
High Performing Amphibious Shoe!
- I've put it through the wringer
I would highly recommend the Astral TR1 Merge. They are an amphibious boot that performs well both in the rapids as well as over rocky terrain. As someone who often combines water activities with hikes, I love that I can just take one pair of shoes that do it all. I also was pleased to find that on an initial 10 mile hike over scree fields I left with no blisters to report! Order your normal street shoe size in these and you should be good to go.
February 13, 2019
awesome review! Thank you! Leta Astral Rep
September 16, 2019
Mind my asking what pants you're wearing? Hunting for a new pair. Agree on the boots!