SkinFoil SS Summer Base Layer
When buildings are erected without a proper foundation, things tend to crumble and fall in little to no time. Cycling can be similar, and we find the best way to start out a ride is with an appropriate base layer. While in winter months it may be easier to convince yourself to toss on a long-sleeve wool liner for warmth, come summer, base layers tend to be thought of as a bit counter intuitive. We'd argue that, despite preconceived notions on fabric layering, a proper layer like Assos' SkinFoil SS Summer Base Layer. This breathable base benefits from moisture-wicking Transport mesh, aiding in sweat management to keep you cool and dry, while stretching comfortably with you so you aren't hindered on the bars. With the refined touches we've come to know from Assos, its no surprise that the brand equips the SkinFoil SS with seamless construction that reduces potential chaffing and irritation, bypassing the conventional approach to base layers for fine-tuned comfort.
- A short-sleeved Assos cycling base layer for days
- Polypropylene fiber blend is lightweight and comfortable
- Breathable and moisture-wicking thanks to transport mesh
- New v-cut neck increases airflow
- Seamless construction and non-restrictive fit yield a refined fit
- Reacts to your intensity of perspiration to create a cooling effect
- Works in conjunction with other Assos garments for the ultimate in warm-weather riding attire
- Item #AAS00BE
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I ride afternoons and in heat all the time due to my schedule. The thought of putting on more clothing just seemed wrong. But after reading about the performance and advice, I finally decided to give theSkinFoil Summer base a try.
I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed. Definitely noticed the cooling effect mentioned in the description. Comfortable & fits as described.