Spring in the country.
With their affinity for clear skies and cool temps, thermal jerseys signify the end of challenging conditions and the return to more moderate ride weather. We can't help but imagine spring in Southern Switzerland when looking at Assos' LS.works_teamJersey_evo8. Part of the brand's ongoing collaboration with Mercedes Motorsport's internal cycling team, the works_teamJersey celebrates the shared thirst for constant innovation and—of course—speed in single-seat auto racing and road cycling. Together, they evoke imagery of hairpin turns, cobblestones, and the brash quest for victory that makes both sports so much fun to watch.
With roots in the Ticino region of Switzerland, Assos is no stranger to the mild climes that suit a thermal jersey best. The LS.works_teamJersey's brushed interior feels soft against your skin as it holds a layer of your own body heat close to ward off a chill.
Of course, shoulder season sun can be impressively strong once the morning mists burn off, so Assos made sure to use the right blend of synthetic fibers in the jersey's construction to equip it to both insulate and breathe, keeping you dry as you sweat on a long climb, then tuck into a cool and winding descent. Its classic block graphics come with a nod to auto racing but also to the difficult-to-classify blues that saturate the lakes of Ticino, allowing you to bring a welcome dose of that verdant Swiss countryside to more mundane rides closer to home.
- Return to brisk spring roads in this classic thermal jersey
- Comfort cycling fit ideal for training rides
- Brushed interior insulates but remains breathable
- 3 roomy rear pockets fit a wind vest and ride fuel
- Elastic and silicone printed waist sits cleanly in-place
- Rear reflective accents help you stay visible to motorists
- Graphics give a nod to the collaboration between Mercedes Motorsport and Assos
- Item #AAS007L
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 175lbs
Arms fit+feel like no other, Update soon.
How does this jersey compare to the Cento or Campionissimo in terms of fit and quality?