Equipe RS S9 Winter Bib Tight
We have a tender heart for Assos’ Bonka tights, as they kept us performing comfortably during countless, deep-winter base miles. The new Equipe RS S9 is the evolution of that trusted line, with improved weatherproofing, stability, and a bit of weight reduction to pique our attention. A-Lock Engineering maintains a full-wrapped system of Assos’ OSMOS Heavy fabric. It acts as the skin-facing layer that insulates during the harshest winter conditions and provides compressive muscle support to reduce fatigue hour after hour. But still, winter is a season that finds its way into the smallest areas of weakness in construction, so Assos fortifies the crotch and abdomen with a dual-layer of SPHERE Ultra, adding a breathable, wind and waterproofing membrane to protect sensitive zones. The upper back receives SPHERE Medium three-layer fabric for added protection from wheel spray and direct rain. Taped seams on the front panels seal out any last efforts winter may have.
Underneath Assos adds their EQUIPE RS Winter chamois, which ventilates and supports well into December’s training plans, and the Carbon Xbib straps lay flat in the front and provide exceptional comfort. At the calves, Assos uses their waterBarrier to repel water and adhere to booties, further extending the racing-style fit and cut of the RS S9. Reflective panels also increase visibility for dimly lit winter riding.
- The evolution of Assos' revered Bonka winter tight
- Full-wrapped textiles act to compress and support muscles
- Aerofit for speed-focused cycling
- Ergonomic stitching and bib straps maintain chamois placement
- TwinDeck system winterproofs the S9 at all critical areas
- Winter-specific insert comforts for longer base miles
- Reflective bands add low-light visibility
- Item #AASZ01C
- [face fabric] OSMOS Heavy, [front pelvis] SPHERE Ultra, [upper back] SPHERE Medium,
- lightly compressive, aeroFit
- EQUIPE RS Winter
- Carbon Xbib
- rear calf detailing
- Recommended Use
- cyclocross, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?