Dyora RS S9 Summer Bib Short - Women's
Dyora RS S9 Summer Bib Short
When Assos released the Laalalai bib shorts with a redesigned, center-buckle bib strap construction, it received mixed reactions. Some riders lauded the pressure reduction on the chest and while others felt more pull across the clavicles. In the new Dyora line, a women-specific racing line, Assos introduces the Dyora RS S9 Summer Bib Short with a fresh bib strap design that returns the front straps to fit more laterally on the chest. And while the repositioned front straps may be enough to win over the majority of racers, Assos reaches further with an ambitious rear strap construction.
Assos focuses firmly on rider comfort and race performance. The rear straps descend beyond the hem of a jersey or jacket top and are clearly visible while riding. A single strip of semi-stiff elastic material is folded over itself to make an A-frame, which attaches closer to the chamois than do traditional straps which attach at the waist — or are integrated into a one-piece mesh design. It provides a consistent pull for ideal chamois positioning while riding and aggressive cornering. A more compliant elastic material connects at the top of the A-frame to ensure freedom of movement over the shoulders and chest to accommodate racing positions and aero-tucks.
Assos calls on Type.441 fabric to make up the main body of the Dyora RS S9, which compresses muscles for increased fatigue-resistance as you push down hours of racing wattages. Silky-smooth and breathable, the warp knit fabric has significantly fewer seams across the main body and the leg grippers, resulting in a lower overall weight for the Dyora RS S9 of 165 grams.
An antibacterial top cover sits atop the shock-absorbing and lightweight Dyora RS chamois insert with foam that compresses and rebounds during every pedal stroke for superior comfort and predictable saddle engagement. Add in the creature comforts of a UPF 50+ rating and odor control, and the Dyora RS S9 is well-positioned to establish a new standard for racing-specific bib shorts.
- Female-specific bib shorts from Assos' racing series
- Compressive hold for muscle support and a soft warp knit
- Dyora RS chamois with anti-odor top sheet and shock absorbing foam
- Updated bib strap design forgoes the front magnetic closure
- A-frame strap crossover for improved comfort and hold
- Lightweight design for increased breathability and moisture wicking
- Assos designs premium clothing so you can sponsor yourself
- Item #AASZ01J
- Type.441 (80% nylon, 20% elastane)
- spring, summer, fall
- [small] 10in
- DYORA RS Insert (superAir microShock foam)
- Carbon Xbib with rollBar
- Leg Gripper
- Ultralight (lycra, elastane)
- UPF Rating
- Claimed Weight
- commuting, cross-country, cyclocross, gravel, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty