Conquers demanding approaches.
When your canvas shoes or hiking boots just won't cut it for a super-techy approach, go for the Asolo Men's Salyan Approach Shoes. Made with Vibram Friction outsoles, the Salyans deliver stellar grip while you navigate over car-sized boulders so you're not left thoroughly exhausted by the time you reach your climbing destination.
- Water-resistant suede uppers shed moisture from light rain, muddy pathways, and frost-covered trails
- Quick-lace hooks and lace system offers a comfortable, custom fit
- Breathable, moisture-wicking Velveteen linings ensure non-clammy feet after you complete an intense scramble
- Lite 2 footbeds supply cushioning and comfort while you traverse a scree field
- Low-density PU heel elements and double-density microporous midsoles create a new standard for shock absorption and comfort while you hike
- New heel shape reduces weight and improves stability and comfort
- Toe bumpers supply protection against sharp rocks and trail debris
- Vibram Friction soles feature squared lugs for increased traction and engraved shanks to provide the best grip while you scramble or climb
- Fit: MM-ML
- Item #ASO2927
- Q & A
Asolo Salyan Approach Shoe - Men's
Normally I wear a 10.5 or 11, 43.5-44eu,...
Normally I wear a 10.5 or 11, 43.5-44eu, in most brands, but I was told this bran runs about a full size small. Should I be ordering up a size, eu45/us12 to accommodate? Thanks for the help.
I just bought a pair of these and I'd have to say they run pretty dead on as have all Asolos I've owned. I had to go up 1/2 size with every Scarpa I own, but not these. The heal is slightly loose as others have said, but the structure of the shoe and the lacing is good, so that when you pull them tight at the top the back of the shoe gets snug without it feeling like you're tying a tourniquet around your ankle. These feel pretty comparable to the Scarpa Zen.