Hike a mega ton.
You need a pretty versatile pair of hikers if you feel like tackling trails every day. The Asolo Men's Megaton GV Hiking Shoe is light enough for summer treks on dusty terrain, and it's protective for shoulder season weather and even a couple winter endeavors on the occasional muddy day. Asolo lined the shoe with Gore-Tex Extended Comfort for reliable waterproofing against moisture, mud, and downpours, and it still boasts excellent breathability to keep you comfy in warmer conditions. The Megaton also features Vibram's unique Megagrip rubber compound for enhanced cushioning and traction.
- Lightweight hiker equipped with reliable weather protection
- Waterproof Gore-Tex Extended Comfort with better breathability
- Rugged suede leather upper with reinforced webbing
- Lite 2 Plus footbed with EVA cushioning for comfort
- Vibram rubber with Megagrip compound for extra traction
- Item #ASO002W
- Q & A
Good Lightweight WP Hiker
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Good quality and good looking waterproof day hiker. Broke in quickly. Supportive around the upper foot - sufficient for a full day on the trail with a daypack. Grippy sole in wet and dry conditions. Waterproofing held up in relatively dry conditions during a week in the Faroe Islands. My one complaint is that the insoles are very flimsy and the overall cushioning of this shoe is not very good - I would not want to be wearing these for a long day in an urban environment.
Solid all around shoe
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11.5
- Height: 6'3"
- Weight: 200lbs
Lightweight but feels sturdy with a good quality build. Exactly what I was looking for and the cut isn't too low, which is what I felt with the Nucleon. Break-in feels like it will be a non-issue and stiffness of shoe seems adequate for almost anything you'll throw at it hiking. Good looks to boot.