Freney XT GV Mountaineering Boot
Between summer ascents up snow-capped volcanoes and exploring obscure alpine routes in the Bugaboos, the Asolo Men's Freney XT GV Men's Mountaineering Boot is capable on everything from traditional mountaineering routes to more modern, technical routes in the alpine. Keeping the boot light during long approaches and rocky scrambles, Asolo built the boot around a water-resistant Schoeller K-Tech Micro Tech upper and backed it with a waterproof Gore-Tex insert that is lightly insulated for some added warmth when you're above treeline. The Freney checks in about five ounces lighter than what you might expect from a boot in its class, and maintains a stiff, supportive feel courtesy of the carbon fiber lasting board, which also saves weight, and PU heel insert.
- Lightweight mountaineering boot ideal for summer alpine climbing
- Lightly insulated Gore-Tex insert ensures waterproof protection
- Schoeller K-Tech upper withstands wear from rock and ice
- Carbon fiber lasting board maintains a stiff, supportive feel
- Sticky Vibram Mulaz sole delivers a sensitive feel on rock
- PU heel welt accommodates hybrid crampons when climbing snow or ice
- Item #ASO000X
- Upper Material
- Schoeller K-Tech Micro Tech, microfiber
- Gore-Tex Insulated Comfort
- Duo Asoflex Ascent
- Lite 3
- dual-density microporous, [heel] PU
- Vibram 1229 Mulaz
- single boot
- Crampon Compatibility
- hybrid, strap-on
- Claimed Weight
- [single, size 9] 1lb 6.5oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
December 31, 2018
Speed ascent boot
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 155 lbs
Have had for about a year, for the right terrain and temp this is hands down the boot to have. Super light, protective and walkable. I have used these in mountain hikes and some ice climbing. Have rock climbed up to 5.7 and all around no complaint. Reasonably warm and with a semi automatic crampon this would be my mountain choice up to grade III ice. on vertical ice would still want a stiffer boot and fully auto crampons. But, I can spend a full day in these and have no discomfort. Runs on the narrower side which works for me - probably good down into the 20's. Have keep feet completely dry.