For summer mountaineering and airy routes.
Between summer ascents up snow-capped volcanoes and exploring obscure alpine routes in the Bugaboos, the Asolo Men's Freney XT GV Men's Mountaineering Boot is capable on everything from traditional mountaineering routes to more modern, technical routes in the alpine. Keeping the boot light during long approaches and rocky scrambles, Asolo built the boot around a water-resistant Schoeller K-Tech Micro Tech upper and backed it with a waterproof Gore-Tex insert that is lightly insulated for some added warmth when you're above treeline. The Freney checks in about five ounces lighter than what you might expect from a boot in its class, and maintains a stiff, supportive feel courtesy of the carbon fiber lasting board, which also saves weight, and PU heel insert.
- Lightweight mountaineering boot ideal for summer alpine climbing
- Lightly insulated Gore-Tex insert ensures waterproof protection
- Schoeller K-Tech upper withstands wear from rock and ice
- Carbon fiber lasting board maintains a stiff, supportive feel
- Sticky Vibram Mulaz sole delivers a sensitive feel on rock
- PU heel welt accommodates hybrid crampons when climbing snow or ice
- Item #ASO000X