Select style & size:Select options
Reactor 24 Avalanche Airbag Backpack
Everyone hopes they'll react properly in the event of an avalanche, but only hours and hours of beacon drills and safety practice can really solidify your chances at a safe reaction. Hopefully you'll only use your beacon, probe, and shovel during practices, just like deploying Arva's Reactor 24 Avalanche Airbag Backpack. Knowing where the trigger is so you can react faster in an emergency is as important as practicing with your other avy gear.
The airbag itself features a canister deployment (cylinder sold separately) through dual air chambers around your neck, head, and sides for increased shock absorption and overall reliability. There's a chance an avalanche could pop an airbag, but this bag's dual chamber design can help you stay afloat if only one chamber pops. Arva also made the safe-locking, retractable handle completely adjustable so you can place it right where you want, meaning it's easier to deploy in an emergency.
- Avalanche airbag backpack for day-long backcountry tours
- Airbag deploys with gas canister (sold separately)
- Double chambers increase reliability if one side pops
- Safe-locking, retractable handle adjusts up and down shoulder straps
- Removable airbag pairs with other Arva Reactor backpacks
- Stowable ski, snowboard, ice axe, and helmet carry systems
- Pockets for hydration reservoirs, avalanche gear, and more
- Item #CMA003Z
What do you think about this product?