Select style & size:Select options
Reactor 18 Airbag Backpack
The Arva Reactor 18 Airbag Backpack is a smaller backcountry backpack that's perfect for speedier missions. In the event of an avalanche, the airbag can be deployed to increase your total surface area and increase your chances of ending up on the surface of the slide. The Reactor system, which is one of the lightest on the market, inflates around your head and neck when deployed, and features two air chambers for added reliability in case one gets punctured during the avalanche. The handle is fully configurable so you can adjust it to the natural motion of your arm, making it easier and faster to deploy in an emergency. For longer missions, you can remove the Reactor system and put it in one of Arva's larger packs.
The pack itself has everything you need for some quick powder laps. A separate compartment for your shovel and probe means you can easily access them in an emergency without having to root around in the pack, and a ski, snowboard, and ice axe carry ensure you're always equipped for bootpacks up steep couloirs. Even though the pack itself isn't that large, Arva equipped the shoulder straps, waist belt, and back panel with plush foam for comfortable carrying as you sniff out the fresh.
- Airbag backpack for fast backountry tours
- Double chambers increase reliability during an avalanche
- Rotating handle can be adjusted to the natural motion of your arm
- Ski and snowboard carry for bootpacking
- Separate avalanche safety gear compartment for quick access
- System is removable and can be paired with other ARVA Reactor packs
- Canister not included
- Item #CMA003Y