Basin Gore-Tex Pro 3L Pant
Maybe you're leaving the resort for your first sidecountry expedition, or maybe you've been skiing the backcountry so long that you can't even remember what those big floating chair things are called. It doesn't matter the location—as long as you need to go up before you go down, the Armada Basin Gore-Tex Pro 3L Pant has you covered with waterproof and breathable performance. The durable nylon face and three-layer Gore-Tex Pro membrane provide the highest in weatherproof performance for protection against those fickle alpine elements. Gore-Tex Pro is also designed specifically for the demands of backcountry athletes, offering the most durability and breathability of any Gore-Tex fabric.
Apart from weather protection, the rest of the pant is decked out with lots of features that you'll love off-piste. The adjustable bibs are constructed with a 4-way stretch fabric for comfort and mobility up steep slopes, and feature a convenient stash pocket for snacks or gear. When your trek starts to really built up steam, you've got Cross Flow ventilation with side-seam and inner-leg vents delivering cooling airflow. Down by the feet you've got stretchy ankle gaiters to keep the snow out when you're hiking or shredding through deep snow, and durable Schoeller Keprotec cuffs to prevent damage from boot-rub or crampons.
- Head for the highest untouched lines with these backountry bibs
- Gore-Tex Pro offers highly breathable waterproof protection
- Cross Flow ventilation allows cool airflow on long touring ascents
- Stretchy bib fabric gives you added coverage and mobility
- Ankle gaiters fit over any boot to keep snow out on deep days
- Reinforced cuffs withstand the wear and tear of hiking
- Pockets on bib and front give you plenty of gear storage
- Snap-in compatible with any Armada jacket
- Item #ARM00H3
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 165lbs
Expensive for a pair of pants, yes. But these bibs will do their job better than all others in the harshest conditions you may encounter. I've tested them extensively.