Nothing fazes the phase.
From shoulder season climbs to midwinter ski tours, the Arc'teryx Men's Phase SL Crew Top delivers the moisture-wicking performance necessary during high-output activities in cool temperatures. Designed to be worn as a baselayer, the Phase's silkweight fabric provides next-to-skin warmth and has mechanical stretch to maintain a high level of comfort when you're on the move.
- Performance baselayer for ski touring and alpine climbing
- Silkweight fabric is breathable and moisture-wicking
- Mechanical stretch and anatomical shaping allows for full mobility
- Flatlock seams and merrow seam construction reduces risk of chafing
- Next-to-skin fit provides light warmth suitable for aerobic activity
- Item #ARC00KD
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
This is a very lightweight base layer that feels great against the skin. When hiking I wear mine under a t-shirt (cool weather) or under a fleece (cold weather). I've worn it several days in a row before without it smelling.
One time I did a 5 day hiking trip and only realised at the trailhead that I'd forgotten my good raincoat. So I had to make do with the 10 year old not-really-waterproof-nylon-raincoat I keep in the car for emergencies. On day 5 it poured with rain and I got soaked through the old jacket but thanks to the Phase SL Crew top I didn't get too cold. By the end of the three hour drive home it had dried simply from my body heat.
I love mine so much I own 2 now.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I purchased this for my father who spends quite a bit time outside. It's pretty thin fabric and allows breath ability. Since my father gets so cold, he has to layer this. However, he says he loves the fit and feel. He really enjoys how it looks as wells.
For Skiing & Mountain Biking
I was in the market for a lightweight baselayer that I can use for skiing and mountain biking and this is exactly what I was looking for. I only wish there was a SL merino version as well.