Let the packing begin.
The Arc'teryx Palisade Short deserves must-pack status for your next trip into the Wasatch. Built with soft but durable TerraTex fabric, this adventure-oriented short also utilizes a gusseted crotch for maximum mobility and range of motion. Climb, hike, or simply lounge in peace knowing a chamois-lined waist reflects Arc'teryx's dedication to comfort. Stash your essentials in your pockets, but remember that this short is itself an essential.
- TerraTex breathable, durable, quick-drying stretch fabric
- Trim fit, articulated gusset
- Adjustable waistband
- Hand and cargo pockets
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Item #ARC00G8
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought: Medium
I love these shorts if you can love shorts.
I got one word. Pockets. Arcteryx is not know for a lot of pockets on their garments. I don't know why. These have 5.
I love cargo pockets and this setup with two cargo pockets and two hand pockets are great. I will say the hand pockets could be deeper, they are quite shallow and you must always zip them up so things don't fall out. I would suggest hand pockets having less of and angle - make them more horizontal therefore things won't fall out so easily.
Fit is great, I'm 5'9" and they come just a hair above the knee and they have just enough room and aren't tight at all. I've always been more of a surf shorts kind of guy and I used to prefer long shorts below the knee, but these really work great and look great (I look taller) for biking and hiking and more active kinds of pursuits and traveling, I even surfed with them in Hawaii two months ago.
When you where them, the hold a lot which I like and you don't know you have them on.
Good but not what I expected.
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 36"
I wear almost nothing except my Arcteryx Palisades Shorts or long pants. Have for y-e-a-r-s. Was excited to see zippers on all pockets & ordered these. However, discovered one had cargo pocket on only one side and both had really different shaped cargo pockets that are somewhat smaller. I can not get in them what I need to carry so I returned them. STILL wish the previous ones had zippers on all pockets like the original ones but truly love the "one of a kind" ones I still have of the originals. My long ones (probably original model) have all zippers and one of my Arcteryx Palisade shorts do also.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 34
The Palisade short and pants were revised this year. I have a pair of the previous style and this is definitely an improvement all around:
- There is now one back pocket.
- All five pockets have zippers. The hand pockets were not zippered before.
- The hand pockets and the new back pocket now have meshes in them. I suppose this would help slightly with ventilation.
- The integrated belt metal buckle is new and it works much better than the old plastic one.
- The thigh pockets are now sown with a fold in the fabric which gives them room to expand.
- The fabric somehow feels a little smoother than before even though the label seems to indicate nothing has changed.
In short, a highly refined, technical, hiking short. They perform excellent.