Weatherproof, lightweight shell pant for rainy or snowy ascents.
Before you leave for your alpine spring adventure, make sure you have the Arc'teryx Women's Alpha SL Pant in your expedition backpack. Made from Gore-Tex Paclite fabric, this waterproof, windproof, and breathable shell pant packs down to nearly nothing, weighs less than a pound, and offers you the kind of protection you require when a late winter storm rolls in. Full-length side zips make entry a snap and work as vents when you need to dump heat, while the Alpha SL's feminine, athletic fit makes you look good when you're working your way up a snowy face.
- Waterproof, windproof, breathable Gore-Tex Paclite fabric seals out the snow and ice drips while allowing excess interior heat to escape so you stay dry and comfortable
- Gore-Tex Paclite 2L fabric reinforces the high-wear areas for added abrasion resistance and longevity
- Full-side zippers accommodate mountaineering or touring boots and help you dump excess heat quickly
- Athletic fit provides plenty of unrestricted mobility while you maneuver up and over a steep frozen waterfall or navigate through a treacherous maze of cliffs and crevasses
- Low-profile waist adjustment system supplies a comfortable, secure, and custom fit
- Boot lace hooks help keep the Alpha in place
- Reinforced instep adds durability
- Item #ARC3473
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
The fit of these pants is all wrong. I purchased the small and it was way too tight in the hips and just fine in the legs. When I sized up to a medium, the waist was fine, but then the legs were huge, like wearing really frumpy sweatpants. Did Arcyter'x forget that women have hips? Please resize!
solid arcteryx product. but no pockets?
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
The pants seem well built , only worn once by the wife, but no pockets. cant beat the price. fit is nice for hikes not too baggy .
I bought these for skiing and they were great. All I wore underneath them were thermals and I stayed warm and dry. They're very lightweight, so it was very easy to move around. I love the expandable waist, it makes it easier to layer than with a button waist, plus they're more comfortable. I would definitely buy them again.
Does anyone know how well these work as ski pants?
i'm looking for a shell pant that i can...
i'm looking for a shell pant that i can use in the Rockies next month for snowshoeing and mountaineering - i will have gaiters and alpine boots. i am 5'6" and 130 lbs - would you recommend these and if so what size?
If you are not worried about rain I would look to a softshell pant like the Gamma SK for you snowshoeing and moutaineering. It will block most of the wind and breathe way better than any gore tex shell ever could. if you need something more to protect you from some un expected rain I would get a Beta AR pant. Proshell will breathe better during activity and it more durable than Paclite.
as for sizing you need to measure your waist hips and inseam to really get a proper fit