Comfort in the backcountry.
Depending on the weather forecast, packing for backcountry tours has the potential to be a real headache. When conditions are looking stormy, you'll want to have the right layers, but you probably won't want to carry all that weight. Lighter and more packable than conventional layering systems, the Arc'teryx Tauri Jacket is a single-layer solution for rest periods and descents in cold, stormy conditions. Its Gore-Tex membrane sheds moisture while the Coreloft insulation keeps you warm and comfortable as you seek out new lines and fresh powder stashes.
The Tauri isn't shy when it comes to backcountry features. A helmet compatible StormHood can be utilized on rests when the cold and wind start to get to you while a low-profile powder skirt seals out those diligent fresh flakes from working their way up your back when you charge through untouched pockets. Articulated patterning provides excellent mobility without the jacket raising up so when you punch the air in celebration after completing your ascent, no snow or wind can chill your core. The longer length of the Tauri also helps with that by offering extended coverage from the elements so you can stay comfortable throughout your tour.
- Insulated jacket for backcountry descents in stormy conditions
- Gore-Tex membrane offers waterproof protection in wet environments
- Insulation eliminates cold spots for warmth and comfort in storms
- Under arm zips dump excess heat on long, technical descents
- Articulated patterning offers mobility through tight turns
- Helmet compatible StormHood provides additional coverage in storms
- Low profile powder skirt seals out fresh flakes for dry comfort
- Arc'teryx designs with an emphasis on simplicity and function
- Item #ARC00PF