Bring on the corn.
Warmer weather brings flowers and corn skiing. Pull on the Arc'teryx Shashka FL Pant and ski the soft stuff when the sun starts shining. The soft shell face fabric is engineered for increased air permeability to keep you breathing and cool on warm days or when you're really pushing your limits. The four-way stretch keeps you mobile as you maneuver down technical terrain and the articulated patterning and gusseted crotch ensure no fabric catches anywhere. If you find yourself in wet conditions, the DWR treatment will bead and repel light moisture so you can stay dry and comfortable.
When you're out for a spring tour and the skin track gets steep, zippered leg vents can be opened to dump excessive heat to get you cooled off. If you're just at the resort for some spring corn, the zippered hem gussets will accommodate different boot volumes so you can wear the Shashkas during all your spring snow adventures. To keep them up and securely snug around your waist, you can put on the adjustable suspenders so you don't have to keep pulling your pants up while you shred.
- Softshell touring pant for comfort on warm spring days
- 4-way stretch material is air permeable and flattering
- DWR treatment beads and repels water and snow
- Zippered leg vents dump heat on lengthy ascents
- Articulated patterning and gusseted crotch for mobility
- Adjustable and removable suspenders aid in secure fit
- Zippered hem gussets accommodate different boot volumes
- Arc'teryx designs with an emphasis on simplicity
- Item #ARC00U1
- Q & A
Spring Skiing Go-To
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 4
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 135lbs
These pants are my new spring skiing go-to! They are lightweight, extremely comfortable, and really breathable (not to mention durable). They provide a flattering fit with a full range of features, from 4-way stretch and DWR treatment to Keprotec insteps to protect from sharp ski edges. The Crimson color is absolutely gorgeous, too. I'll probably start wearing these on alpine and mixed climbs as well! Big fan.
If you have any questions about Arc'teryx gear, feel free to reach out! I'm their ambassador here in the office, and I'm always happy to chat about anything and everything Arc'teryx.