Riel Short-Sleeve Button-Down Shirt
- Lightweight short sleeve for comfort during warm weather treks
- Air permeable fabric provides cool comfort on summer hikes
- Durable material withstands wear from being under a pack
- Fabric delivers good mechanical stretch for high mobility
- Gusseted underarms enhance mobility when using trekking poles
- Arc'teryx designs minimalist and hard-wearing products
- Item #ARC00XE
- Allatorre (95% nylon, 5% elastane)
- 2 hand, 1 button chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, casual, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
August 15, 2020
excellent button-up from arcteryx
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 175 lbs
i own a skyline, which has been around longer, so i'll contrast the two. First, these are the two best button-up casual jerseys i own--regardless of price. The skyline is has snaps and which are concealed by a layer of fabric. The riel, just buttons. The fabric is very nice but not as soft as what's used for the skyline. what i like about the riel vs skyline is that the former is more fitted--it seems slightly slimmer through the torso and tapers down to a minimal tail. The skyline is "boxier" and has no tail, just squared off at the bottom second, the riel and skyline both have a single pocket with zipper on the left side. the riel pocket opens perpendicular to the ground; the skyline, parallel to ground. The former is so much better in my view: far more natural to reach with forearm parallel to the ground so the fit is a little more tailored for the riel, but a Large in both fit me very well.