Proton FL Hooded Jacket
The Arc'teryx Proton FL Hooded Jacket provides a nice balance between air permeability and thermal protection when you're alpine or rock climbing in the summers. Its Fortius Air 20 fabric offers light wind resistance while still allowing air to pass freely in and out so you don't get overheated. Its Octa Loft insulation offers breathability as well while keeping you warm in those cool alpine temperatures. Designed with climbing in mind, the zippered chest pockets allow you to access your gear when wearing a harness. Additionally, the dual hem adjustments keep the jacket tucked under your harness while you're climbing. And, by weighing in at under 10oz, the Proton is easy to bring along on all of your alpine and climbing adventures.
- Insulated softshell jacket for alpine and rock climbing in summer
- Face fabric offers balance of air permeability and wind resistance
- DWR treatment sheds moisture for dry comfort through light weather
- Synthetic insulation offers breathable warmth during high-output
- Fitted helmet-compatible hood offers low profile wind protection
- Zippered chest pockets are easy to access while wearing a harness
- Dual hem adjusters keep jacket tucked under harness while climbing
- Arc'teryx makes hard wearing, reliable products for outdoor pursuits
- Item #ARC00W3
- Fortius Air 20 (84% nylon, 16% elastane), DWR coating
- Octa Loft (100% polyester)
- Center Back Length
- adjustable, uninsulated, helmet-compatible
- 2 zippered hand, 2 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, hiking, mountaineering, sport climbing, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
November 21, 2020
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 155 lbs
I bought this jacket to wear as a Fall jacket while hiking. I got it in the summer and ended up wearing it after all my summer runs once the sun went down and I also used this while hiking and camping and slept in it while camping overnight in 30 degree weather. I recently wore it to hike in and it was about 35 degrees and at the top of the mtn it was extremely windy and in the 20s and this jacket was the perfect warmth. I love how this packs down so when you aren’t using it it doesn’t take up much space in your bag. I got the green color and it is so bright and stunning.
August 11, 2020
What’s the insulation weight on this jacket?