Forget The Knight In Shining Armour.
Mountain running can be a thing of real beauty, and it can also be a real beast. And as you've learned, the woods aren't actually a scary place, especially when you've strapped the Arc'teryx Women's Norvan VT GTX Trail Running Shoe to your feet. Thanks to the alpine-rich heritage of Arc'teryx, you're guaranteed adaptive performance and defense that's built to tackle formidable steeps and vert alike.
Evidence of such a claim is relatively straight forward. So, starting from the top down—the TPU overlays provide torsional rigidity and support, without causing hot spots and discomfort. The stretch mesh panels not only provide ample breathability, but also flex and mold to your foot's shape for a pressure-free fit. A fixed internal stretch bootie safeguards your foot from debris and is extremely quick-drying and comfortable, so you can wear it with or without socks. Though, to differentiate the Norvan VT GTX from its elder sibling, this running shoe is equipped with a waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex stretch insert. This design feature protects your foot from getting soaked during long, wet runs.
The most important part of the Norvan's design is its Adjustable 360 Support System. This provides you with the best of both worlds by allowing you to switch from climb to run mode in minimal time. When running, simply tie the laces and adjust the drawcord to your preference. To employ climb mode, cinch the drawcord down as snugly as you can and carry on with your objective. A blended midsole of EVA and polyolefin attenuates shock, provides energy transfer, and assures a swift transition, ensuring that you're able to lay down the hammer when you need to. Not to mention, the Vibram MegaGrip outsole consists of Idrogrip at the forefoot to promote unimpeded grip, while the 3.5mm lugs in the rear ensure grip in wet, dry, and loose terrain.
- An innovative, hard-wearing running shoe for steep terrain
- Breathable mesh features TPU overlays for structural support
- Internal stretch bootie dries quickly and safeguards from debris
- Gore-Tex stretch membrane is waterproof, yet breathable
- Ortholite insole can be removed for your convenience
- Blended midsole enhances energy return and impact absorption
- Adjustable 360 Support System promotes an adaptive, snug fit
- Vibram MegaGrip outsole rips and grips loose, wet terrain
- Item #ARC00NQ