Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Norvan SL GTX Running Shoe
The Arc'teryx Norvan SL GTX Running Shoe keeps you running and moving quickly in the mountains between climbs. With a superlight, packable design equipped with reliable grip, you'll be tackling technical terrain and pushing the limits of mountain running. Its high performance sole system releases energy forward while a Gore Invisible Fit insert keeps moisture from seeping through while you run on wet trails. This invisible fit technology delivers a flexible fit and feel so you'll barely notice it is there. Ultra-breathable uppers keep your feet comfortable in fast transitions and the performance mapped Vibram soles ensure traction across wet or dry trails.
Keeping the weight of the Norvan SL GTX as low as possible are lightweight materials such as the protective forefoot TPU plate and single layer TPU mesh uppers. These open mesh uppers are not only breathable but also drain and dry quickly when immersed in water. The shoe's superlight design is complemented by its packability. The mesh uppers are easily folded down so you can store them in your pack while integrated clip in points at the heel allow you to attach the shoes to your harness while you climb. Although the Norvan SL GTX is incredibly lightweight, the quality of the shoe doesn't suffer. You can still expect an anatomical open structure, breathable and waterproof uppers, and reliable grip with a sticky forefoot climbing zone to enhance your day of running, climbing, and scrambling in the mountains.
- Exceptionally light trail shoe with climbing and scrambling agility
- 7mm drop offers comfortable platform for heel and midfoot strikers
- Foldable, hardwearing open mesh uppers offer breathable comfort
- Gore inserts keep out inclement weather while providing a great fit
- Ultra-light forefoot TPU plate delivers protection on the trails
- OrthoLite insert and SL EVA ensure lightweight comfort as you run
- Performance mapped Vibram soles ensure traction on technical trails
- Arc'teryx designs with a less is more approach for its products
- Item #ARC00YF
- Q & A
Tight but comfortable
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have both Norvan and Norvan SL, and these feel much tighter than regular Norvan - feel like a size smaller, but I believe it’s by design due to the trail running purpose and ultralight nature. They are light, really thin and have a great grip. I used them for trail running, approach, hiking and even easy rock climbing. I wanted goretex version for rainy days and wet trails, and I’m 100% satisfied.