Norvan SL GTX Running Shoe
Moving quickly in the mountains requires lightweight, packable shoes with reliable grip. The Arc'teryx Norvan SL GTX Running Shoe completes these requirements and is designed to tackle technical trails and push the limits of mountain running. Whether you're running and moving between climbs or embarking on runs in the high alpine, the high performing Norvan allows you to run comfortably through inclement weather. This high performance comes from a specially designed sole system that releases energy forward while the Gore Invisible Fit allows you to have complete protection from the outside elements without having to sacrifice fit or comfort. Ultra-breathable uppers keep your feet cool in fast transitions and the performance mapped Vibram soles ensure traction across wet or dry trails.
To keep the weight of the Norvan SL GTX as low as possible, the Arc'teryx designers utilized lightweight materials such as the forefoot TPU plate and single layer TPU mesh uppers. These open mesh uppers are not only breathable, but also drain and dry quickly if they are immersed in water. The shoe's superlight design is complemented by its packability. The mesh uppers easily fold down for storage in your pack or integrated clip in points at the heel allow for easy attachments to your harness. Although the Norvan SL GTX is incredibly lightweight, the quality of the shoe doesn't suffer. You can still expect an anatomical open structure, an extremely breathable and waterproof upper, and reliable grip with a sticky forefoot climbing zone to enhance your running, climbing, and scrambling in the mountains.
- Waterproof trail running shoe with climbing and scrambling agility
- 7mm drop offers comfortable platform for heel and midfoot strikers
- Foldable, hardwearing, open mesh uppers offer breathable comfort
- Highly breathable Gore Invisible Fit keeps out inclement weather
- Ultra-lightweight forefoot TPU plate offers trail-ready protection
- OrthoLite insert and SL EVA midsole ensure comfort without weight
- Performance mapped Vibram soles ensure traction on technical trails
- Arc'teryx pushes the limits of design with a less is more approach
- Item #ARC00YE
- Q & A
Could these shoes be used for road running or on a treadmill as well? I’m wondering if these can be used as a hiking shoe as well as an all around running shoe. Thanks!
Arcteryx has really designed these to be a trail running shoe. You could use them as a regular running shoe or a hiking shoe, but there are a lot of other better options with those activities in mind.