Why We Like The Norvan LD 2 GTX Trail Running Shoe
When we're out running trails for hours at a time we're subject to the fickle weather that mountains can bring. No one wants to be turned around by a sudden storm, so we grab this trail running shoe and keep cruising over puddles, mud, and slick rock. It's built using GORE-TEX Invisible Fit technology, which seamlessly integrates the waterproof membrane into the upper, so it can maintain a light feel and comfortable fit while being as breathable as possible when we work up a sweat.
- Waterproof trail-running shoes for long runs in any conditions
- GORE-TEX membrane shuts out moisture as you run through the rain
- Vibram MegaGrip outsole offers reliable grip even in wet weather
- Midsole cushioning reduces impact for long runs on tough surfaces
- Air-permeable upper delivers super-cool comfort in hot weather
- Vibram LiteBase technology helps shed weight for an easy stride
- Durable overlays resist abrasion on rugged or overgrown trails
- Protective toe cap guards your forefoot in rocky terrain
- Item #ARCZ95G
- Upper Material
- mesh. TPU overlays, synthetic toecap
- GORE-TEX Invisible Fit membrane
- OrthoLite 3D, molded
- [midsole] 80% compressed EVA, 20% polyolefin blend (55 shore C), [anti-fatigue insert] 85% compressed EVA, 15% polyolefin blend (60 shore C)
- Vibram MegaGrip rubber, Vibram LiteBase technology, 3.5mm lugs
- Support Type
- Heel / Forefoot Height
- 27 / 18mm
- Claimed Weight
- [single] 10oz (8.5UK)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
October 22, 2020
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 160 lbs
It performed well both on the trail as well as on pavement. I bought this so that i could carry only 1 pair when traveling and wore it pretty much non-stop for 10 days while on vacation. It went from hikes or runs during the day to bars and restaurants at night. I haven't taken it on hard trail runs yet. It is fairly comfortable but it could use a little more padding. I have had to add an additional layer of padding for comfort. In terms of features, the waterproof lining works well and saved me a lot of headache during a few torrential downpours. In terms of sizing, i usually wear 11US or 11.5US. I tried both and went with 11.5 .