When sideways snow comes at you on chairlift rides, you'll stay warm and comfortable in the Arc'teryx Macai Jacket. Its waterproof, down-insulation is perfect for staying comfortable on cold weather days in bounds while seeking out the freshest snow. It's the first down-filled ski jacket from Arc'teryx and its warmth is enhanced by its Down Contour Construction and Down Composite Mapping technologies. 750-fill European goose down lines the core and sleeves where warmth is most needed, while slim Coreloft insulation, which retains warmth when wet, is placed along the hem, collar, sleeves, and underarms, because these are the areas prone to more constant contact with moisture.
A three-layer Gore-Tex shell surrounds this smart insulation, featuring the proprietary, tightly-woven N40p-X face fabric that includes a DWR treatment to slough off snow and rainfall. This premium waterproof, windproof, breathable protection plays in tandem a WaterTight external zippers, fully taped low-bulk microseams, a high collar with the insulated DropHood, and adjustable cuffs and hem to seal out the elements.
Arc'teryx had functionality in mind when it built the Macai. Anatomical shaping, articulated elbows, and no-lift gusseted underarms gives you mobility as you ski, and the hip length provides ample coverage no matter the conditions. The adjustable, removable, insulated DropHood is helmet-compatible and is made to provide full visibility. A detachable powder skirt with gripper elastic and snap closure keeps fresh flakes from making their way up your back on deep days. As you complete run after run, you can dump excess heat out of the mesh-backed PowerGuard underarm vents while not allowing snow into the openings.
- Insulated ski jacket with weather protection for cold days on-area
- Gore-Tex 3-layer construction keeps moisture out for dry comfort
- Down Contour LT has down at core and sleeves for thermal efficiency
- Down Composite Mapping uses synthetic insulation to maximize warmth
- Removable, DropHood rotates with head for unimpaired visibility
- Mesh lined underarm vents keep snow out while dumping excess heat
- Multiple pockets hold necessities for less stops at the lodge
- Arc'teryx designs with a less is more approach with its products
- Item #ARC00U3
- Q & A
Gave as a gift
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
He said this is true to fit and very comfortable. He is thrilled about this jacket because the insulation is extra nice in colder temperatures. Most jackets don't come as a "one piece" with insulation anymore and involve layering puffy jackets underneath. He plans to use this for skiing out east and on trips to Utah and the Canadian Rockies.