Why We Like The Konseal FL 2 GTX Approach Shoe
Our feet stay comfortably dry on our trek to the crag with the waterproof yet highly breathable Arc'teryx Konseal FL 2 GTX Approach Shoe. Despite our heavy load, we are quick and surefooted on our rocky approach with the cushioned midsole and forefoot insert providing a responsive and stable ride. Plus, the Vibram MegaGrip outsole grips chewed-up trails with confident traction, while the robust GORE-TEX membrane keeps rainfall and mud puddles on the outside while promoting cooling breathability.
- Waterproof approach shoe for moving fast over unpredictable terrain
- GORE-TEX membrane keeps feet dry from morning dew and muddy trail
- Stiff forefoot insert reduces fatigue on long, technical approaches
- Recycled iON Element EVA enhances energy absorption and response
- Vibram Megagrip sole for resilience, pro grip, and durability
- Item #ARCZ9A8
- Responsible Collection
- Upper Material
- single-layer mesh, thermoplastic polyurethane film (0.4mm), 3D molded rubber toe cap
- GORE-TEX membrane
- [sockliner] 3D molded, iON Element 100% recycle closed-cell EVA by Dynamic Foam (4.5mm) [heel] microfiber (0.8mm)
- [midsole] injected EVA (shore 60C) [chassis] injected thermoplastic polyurethane (shore 70D), non-woven forefoot stiffener (1.8mm)
- Vibram Megagrip
- Claimed Weight
- 12.2oz (8.5UK)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
- climbing, hiking
What do you think about this product?
August 10, 2021
Excellent approach shoes
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 160 lbs
Did my first class 3 14er with these. Very grippy for steep rocks and solid toe support for climbs. Size is important with these. I initially bought a half size too big and the fit was way off. Backcountry support was great about returning my first pair.