Warmth is key.
Someone once said, “If you’re cold, you’re not wearing the right gear.” Hearing that, Arcteryx combined the waterproof Gore-Tex technology with not one…not two…but three different types of insulation to make the Fission Mitten.
Gore-Tex XCR technology helps to prevent moisture from creeping through when the snow is waist deep, while still maintaining a high level of breathability so you can leave them on when earning your turns. The outer top shell stretches with your fingers, so you won’t have to take your gloves off to unzip your pack or tighten your boots, but is durable enough to withstand frequent brushes with trees. Additionally, the palm and fingers are reinforced with rugged leather to help keep your poles securely in your hands.
Three varieties of PrimaLoft insulation were strategically mapped and placed throughout the Fission Mitten to provide optimal warmth without sacrificing dexterity. Designers doubled up insulation on the back of the hand, where your hand is most exposed to the elements. Over the fingers and palms, where dexterity and grip is crucial, Arc’teryx used a low profile Grip Control insulation that stays warm when compressed and helps to reduce bulk and packing out over time.
- Insulated mitten built for warmth, dryness, and toughness
- Durable top layer can withstand brushes with trees
- Palm and fingers reinforced with leather for grip
- DWR treated inner cuff helps keep out moisture
- Elastic at the back of wrist helps to retain heat
- Extended gauntlet adds coverage over wrists
- Wrist leashes keep your mittens where you need them
- Hang to dry or clip together with attached webbing loop
- Item #ARC00QG