Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Men's Mittens we have in stock.View Similar Products
Fission Gore-Tex Mitten
Someone once said, “If you’re cold, you’re not wearing the right gear.” Hearing that, Arcteryx combined the waterproof Gore-Tex technology with not one…not two…but three different types of insulation to make the Fission Mitten.
Gore-Tex XCR technology helps to prevent moisture from creeping through when the snow is waist deep, while still maintaining a high level of breathability so you can leave them on when earning your turns. The outer top shell stretches with your fingers, so you won’t have to take your gloves off to unzip your pack or tighten your boots, but is durable enough to withstand frequent brushes with trees. Additionally, the palm and fingers are reinforced with rugged leather to help keep your poles securely in your hands.
Three varieties of PrimaLoft insulation were strategically mapped and placed throughout the Fission Mitten to provide optimal warmth without sacrificing dexterity. Designers doubled up insulation on the back of the hand, where your hand is most exposed to the elements. Over the fingers and palms, where dexterity and grip is crucial, Arc’teryx used a low profile Grip Control insulation that stays warm when compressed and helps to reduce bulk and packing out over time.
- Insulated mitten built for warmth, dryness, and toughness
- Durable top layer can withstand brushes with trees
- Palm and fingers reinforced with leather for grip
- DWR treated inner cuff helps keep out moisture
- Elastic at the back of wrist helps to retain heat
- Extended gauntlet adds coverage over wrists
- Wrist leashes keep your mittens where you need them
- Hang to dry or clip together with attached webbing loop
- Item #ARC00QG
- [laminate/membrane] Gore-Tex XCR Technology, Gore-Tex, [face fabric] Fortius 1.0 (84% nylon, 16% elastane), 160 g/mÂ², [lining] PrimaLoft Silver (133g), PrimaLoft Gold Eco with Grip Control (100g), PrimaLoft Silver Hi-Loft (100g)
- DWR treated inner cuff
- pull close
- Palm Grip
- leather reinforcement
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain riding, backcountry skiing, backcountry riding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder riding, park & freestyle skiing, park & freestyle riding
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
February 13, 2019
Not bad, not great
- I've used it several times
Pro’s : they look well made. The goretex and leather have been waterproof from wet snow so far. Could layer them under a mitten shell for super cold weather. Cons: They are not super warm on their own, I have been buying a lot of handwarmers this winter for 15 degree weather or colder. Despite goretex, they don’t breath so if they get wet from the inside they stay wet. Kinda pricey
January 23, 2019
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
These gloves are the best skiing gloves I've found. they fit my hand very well and allow me to adjust gear + layers without needing to take them off. I've never noticed them get wet, and if they have, they dry very quickly and maintain their warmth. I have Reynauds which limits the circulation in my 17* with wind chill and these gloves did a great job keeping me warm. The wrist leashes are incredibly comfortable, so much so that I don't even notice that they are around my wrist when I have them on. Don't think i'll choose to wear another brand of glove after this pair.